Van Gogh’s Women


Van Gogh’s Women

Van Gogh’s Women, 1990,121x360cm, egg tempera on canvas

Oh! four women / Oh! van Gogh’s Women/ Oh, dear, how I was painting you from a reproduction /Oh, my dear little heads / Oh! my black hair, black hands /And you will not look at me / Ah, ah, ah, you have stripes
in the background /Ah, ah, ah and you have something like a wing in the background too / Oh! you also have garlands and the accompanying note: Now I have warmed up my socks and shoes on the accumulation
stove. / I am chilly because I am painting four women from a Gauguin. / Gauguin was warm. / Now again I’m warming up shoes and socks on the stove. /I’ve put my legs on a cloth and wrapped them with a
scarf. / I’m sitting on a chair. / I’m doing it all for van Gogh.

 

Marek Sobczyk

Marek Sobczyk
Marek Sobczyk (b. 1955) Painter, theoretician, designer, educator. Works and lives in Warsaw.

Popular Posts

Video